Bold Penguin is a fast-paced and fast-growing Software as a Service company in Columbus, Ohio focused on building innovative solutions for the commercial insurance industry. We take both work and fun seriously. Seriously. We consistently deliver mind-boggling results and strive for efficiency in all that we do.
We favor modern but proven technologies and our stack currently includes Linux, Amazon Web Services, Ruby on Rails, Python and Django, Angular, Puma, MySQL, PostgresSQL, Redis, and Capistrano.
We’re seeking a Security Engineer responsible for engineering solutions while also embracing DevOps and DevSecOps culture and practices. As a cross-functional member of the team, the person who fills this role will take ownership for and provide leadership in information security. You’ll be responsible for executing security solutions that establish the foundation of our security operations. You’ll be working closely with our system and software engineers. This is a full-time position located in Columbus, Ohio.
- Implement, administer, and configure security tools such as FIM, SIEM, IDS, WAF, and vulnerability scanners
- Use system automation and configuration management to establish security system and application configuration standards
- Member of the Incident Response Team which is responsible for forensics and technical response
- Responsible for security operations by implementing monitoring and responding to security events
- Establish secure coding standards and introduce security automation to the Software Development LifeCycle (SDLC)
- Responsible for vulnerability management including identifying, verifying, and coordination resolution of identified vulnerabilities using a risk-based approach
- 5+ years experience in an infrastructure, operations, security, and/or other engineering role combined with 2+ years in information security
- Associate of ISC(2) strengthens consideration of candidates with less than 5 years experience
- Certifications such as CISSP, OSCP, CISA, and CRISC preferred, but not required
- Experience in technology companies and startups using open source technologies and laaS platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Strong communication skills
- Leadership experience welcomed, but not required
Preferred, but not required
Salary & Benefits
To learn more about Bold Penguin’s results-focused culture and employee-focused perks, read more on our jobs page.